Simon Cowell's "The X Factor" Cancelled by Fox
Giving it a fantastic run for its money, Simon Cowell's music competition, "The X Factor," has been cancelled after a three-season span on FOX.
In a statement released on Friday (February 7), Simon says, "I’ve had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on The X Factor and American Idol. And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public."
Continuing, the 54-year-old mogul stated, "Last year, for a number of reasons, I had to make a decision to return to the UK version of 'The X Factor' in 2014. So for now, I’m back to the UK and I want to thank Fox for being an incredible partner and I also want to thank everybody who has supported my shows. America, I’ll see you soon!"
In addition to Simon's comments, Kevin Reilly, chairman at FOX said, "To all of us at Fox, Simon is more than one of the most prolific TV personalities of our time — he’s part of our family. A consummate showman and partner, there’s no one more passionate or creative than Simon, and we feel so fortunate to have enjoyed such a wonderful, collaborative relationship with him over the past 12 years."
Reilly continued with, "Unfortunately, there is no 'X FACTOR USA' without Simon Cowell, but we understand and support his decision to focus on the international formats and on the next phase of his personal life. We wish him the very best, and it’s our sincere hope that we work together again soon."
Photo Credit: Fox
Otros artículos que te pueden gustar: