Met Gala’s Top 14 Getups: A Beautiful Look Back
It’s going to be an evening to remember, and the 2014 Met Gala has plenty to live up to thanks to its long lineage of unforgettable fashion.
And before things kick off at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute tonight (May 5), let’s take a look at the Best 14 ensembles from years past.
1. Beyonce Knowles: Givenchy 2012- Never afraid to take chances with her style, Beyonce Knowles made an indelible impression on the 2012 festivities in her Givenchy Couture black lace semi-see-through gown teamed with an electric violet train and a simple swept-back hairdo.
2. Jessica Biel: Versace 2009- Finding the right stylist means everything, and Jessica Biel’s team put her in a ravishing red strapless Versace gown for the 2009 Met Gala. Given her gorgeous shoulders and radiant complexion, this “7th Heaven” actress looked like an angel.
3. Gisele Bundchen: Alexander McQueen 2011- The theme of the evening was “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” so Gisele Bundchen’s decision to wear a red strapless dress from McQueen couldn’t have come off more perfectly. Then again having an accessory like Tom Brady never hurts, either!
4. Carey Mulligan: Prada 2012- “Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations” was the name of the night, and Carey Mulligan embodied the theme’s sharp contrast with a silver and gold metallic creation from Prada that garnered plenty of attention as well as mixed reviews.
5. Elle MacPherson: Calvin Klein Collection 2005- Having hit the genetic jackpot, Elle Macpherson displayed her timeless beauty in a chartreuse –hued strapless gown from perennial favorite Calvin Klein. Unfortunately for Mr. Klein, Elle’s unstoppable charm seemed to make more of an impact than her electric ensemble.
6. Jennifer Garner: Valentino Couture 2007- Taking her ‘girl next door’ good looks to the next level, Jennifer Garner stole the show in her sweeping Valentino Couture creation, and reinforced the undeniable truth that Ben Affleck is one of the luckiest guys on the planet.
7. Anne Hathaway: Valentino 2013- Further embracing her bona fide stylish sex symbol status, Anne expertly merged an unforgettable black Valentino gown with her drool-inducing physique. And for added effect, Hathaway’s bleached cropped coif lent a youthfully rebellious flavor to her red carpet recipe.
8. Jennifer Lopez: Zuhair Murad 2010- If there was any snobbery around Jennifer Lopez’s inclusion at the 2010 Met Gala, her smoky eyes, flirty bangs and unstoppable strapless Zuhair Murad dress quickly quieted all naysayers.
9. Gwyneth Paltrow: Stella McCartney 2011- Always a fan (and friend) of designer Stella McCartney, Gwyneth Paltrow took the clothier’s long-sleeved, floor-length beige dress to new heights thanks to her long, lovely legs and incredible figure.
10. Camilla Belle: Jean Paul Gaultier Couture 2007- Ms. Belle’s appearance at the 2007 “Poiret: King of Fashion” edition of the Met Gala helped her score a spot on the stylish celebrities list, and her powder blue and gold Jean Paul Gaultier Couture gown proved she knew how to pick a winning look.
11. Doutzen Kroes: Zac Posen 2010- As the hottest Dutch model in the industry, Doutzen Kroes blended in quite nicely at the “American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity” Met Gala of 2010. Kroes’ powder blue Zac Posen frock proved to be as beautiful as it was voluminous.
12. Taylor Swift: J Mendel 2011- Though many pop stars have tried unsuccessfully to navigate the fashion realm, Taylor Swift knocked ‘em dead at the 2011 Met Gala “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” in her beige and black J Mendel ensemble.
13. Sandra Bullock: Alberta Ferretti 2007- Ever since her iconic role as a tomboy-turned-beauty queen in “Miss Congeniality,” Sandra Bullock has had a penchant for fantastic apparel. Her fruit punch-colored Alberta Ferretti dress at the 2007 Met Gala was just different enough to make a statement and served to endear style insiders to her unique tastes.
14. Eva Longoria: Marchesa 2008- She’s always looking for an excuse to get all gussied up, so when Eva Longoria arrived at the 2008 Met Gala, she came prepared with a backless violet Marchesa gown featuring a textured train and matching neckline.
Otros artículos que te pueden gustar: